Expert tutors deliver The Children’s Literacy Charity intensive one-to-one literacy tuition in school based Literacy Labs.
They are given high quality training by The Children’s Literacy Charity and follow a programme of continuing professional development related to the intervention.
All Experts deployed in schools work as a team of tutors who are managed by a Schools Programme Manager qualified to teach children with specific learning difficulties.
Experts are monitored against our own set of quality standards and are observed in their teaching each term. They liaise regularly with school staff and parents and each school is given a termly report so that they can monitor the progress that the pupils are making.
Tuition takes place in dedicated, school based Literacy Labs. Our Experts bring crucial added value to schools and are employed by The Children’s Literacy Charity.
School Leadership teams value:
- The academic progress made by pupils who are underachieving
- The opportunity to target an intervention to specific school challenges
- Clear evidence of the use of pupil premium, impact and outcomes
- High quality Literacy Lab staff and local volunteers in school without responsibility for direct line management and recruitment
- Increasing the value of a financial investment through The Children’s Literacy matched fundraising
- Engagement with a vibrant and professional third sector organisation
School SENco’s and classroom teachers’ value:
- Academic progress made by pupils who are underachieving
- Targeting an intervention to specific class challenges
- Improvements in pupils’ learning, confidence and behaviour
- Regular progress reports and information on individual pupils
- Shared responsibility for the challenges faced
- Access to staff and volunteer expertise for school personnel and families
- A team approach to problem solving