Reading Lab Tutors
The Children’s Literacy Charity is a registered charity working alongside pupils who struggle to read and write. Our vision is to close the literacy gap for all disadvantaged children, enabling them to achieve their true potential.
We are looking for two skilled Reading Lab Tutors to work two days a week in Spring Term 2024 to deliver our Reading Lab programme starting in January. The successful candidates will tutor small groups of children on a one-to-three basis in primary schools. We have one opportunity in Lambeth (Primary School) and one in Bromley (Y7 Secondary School).
You will tutor 15 pupils twice a week on our 10-week catch up reading comprehension programme. Full training and induction will be provided along with ongoing support.
- Deliver one-to-three sessions based on the ‘Reading Lab’ intervention programme
- Build a supportive and encouraging relationship with the pupils you are tutoring, helping them to reach their potential and gain in confidence
- Undertake assessments and review for all pupils
- Maintain records of pupil progress
- Establish, develop and maintain a good relationship with school personnel. Act as an advocate for the charity, maintaining a high profile within the school.
- An experienced Tutor/Teacher/High Level Teaching Assistant
- Experienced in working with or supporting primary aged pupils
- Able to demonstrate empathy, understanding and patience towards children who require additional support
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys working under own initiative
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, web browsing and email communications).
Although the role is initially for Spring Term 2024, there may be other opportunities to extend this. The role is 2 days pw, term time only and the rate is £100-£110 per day depending on skills & experience.
For more information, please check the JD below and apply by completing the application form. Please send the completed form to the email address provided at the bottom of the application form. We are looking to fill the posts as soon as possible and will be holding interviews as applications come in.